July 30, 2009

When I Growed Up - Part 2

Yesterday when I picked up the kids, I told their sitter about how Alyssa wants to be a mermaid when she grows up. Kaylee overheard and mentioned that she also wants to be a mermaid. Angela said "Wow, maybe I want to be one too. Do they make a lot of money?" Alyssa started babbling on about how she will make lots of money for her piggy bank. We went to the car and had the following conversation:

Me: "Where are you going to go to become a mermaid?"

Alyssa: "We have to go to the beach."

Kaylee: "Yeah!"

Me: "Well I will miss you. Are you sure you should become a mermaid? I don't think they make lots of money. You need to be rich so you can buy mommy and daddy new houses and cars."

Kaylee: "I AM NOT GOING TO BE A WITCH MOMMY! I DON'T WANT TO BE A WITCH AND MAKE LOTS OF MONEY."

I guess the word "rich" and "witch" sound the same in her mind. HaHa.



2 comments:

Brea said...

bwahahaha...I'm glad she doesn't want to be a witch, that would be no fun...unless she was like Glenda the good witch ;)

The Robles Family said...

My mom actually torments them by calling them witches. She knows it gets them mad and she gets an attitude back. Alyssa puts her hand on her hips and points her finger at my mom and says "I NOT A WITHC... YOU A WITCH." I guess they are super sensitive about being called witches now. HaHa.