July 10, 2009

A Little Of Me...

As parents, we love to watch our children to see who they are most like. We know the girls look more like their Daddy, that Kaylee scrunches up her face just like Daddy, that Aiden has my features, etc. Tony also loves to blame the girls drama and tempers on me as well. I could argue but I know he is mostly right. :-)

I would have to say that I see a whole lot of myself in Alyssa. She may be full of drama at times but she is also incredibly sensitive, empathetic, and caring. I like to believe that those are qualities that she got from mommy. Alyssa is so in tune with the emotions going on around her. She hates to see anyone upset and loves to try to make everyone feel better whether that is with a hug or her "docker (doctor) kit." She even cried one day watching a funeral scene on tv. She really had no clue what a funeral was but she was easily able to pick up on the mood and emotions of the people involved. She senses feelings so easily and they affect her greatly. Some people may call that a weakness but I believe it to be a great strength. It will help her to build great friendships and other relationships. I am so happy to see these qualities in her... even when they translate to a lot of emotional ups and downs. :-)




No comments: