The pictures below are from the other night. It is my last week off on maternity leave and I have really been trying to enjoy every moment at home with the kiddos. I often feel guilty because Aiden takes up so much time as an infant that I don't feel like I give the girls 100% like I used to. They are very patient and understanding but it doesn't really take away the guilt I feel about being spread so thin. I have figured out that the key is to steal little moments with every one of them when I can. It is so important to just take time to listen to them and all they have to share.
Kaylee didn't want to go to bed the other night and Alyssa and Aiden were sound asleep. I was so tempted to tell her to go to bed so I could rest but I decided to get her up for a little one on one time with me. I am sooo glad I did. She ate some left over mozzarella cheese sticks and bread from Carraba's and talked to me for about a half an hour about everything under the sun. She was so eager to share about what she has been doing that is fun, what she does at daycare (play and not share her toys), what she wants for her birthday party (PRINCESS everything), and much more. She took her time eating her snack and smiled and laughed a whole lot. It was an unexpected moment that turned out to be so memorable.
Kaylee - you are so unique and I love to hear things from your 2 year old point of view. You never fail to make me smile and always give me good stories to share later. I can't wait to have more moments like this through the years.
Love You!


1 comment:
Such a special moment! I'm glad you had that time with Kaylee :)
Post a Comment