We headed out to spend a few hours with their Grammy who turned 84 years old yesterday. We had lunch at Chili's which wasn't the greatest plan considering the moods of those who attended. We managed to make it through the meal and I even tasted a few bites of my food. Afterwards, we headed over to Grammy's house where the girls got into everything single thing they could find and apparently didn't hear me saying (screaming!) "No" every few seconds. The day wore on and I felt myself growing more impatient and grumpy by the minute. By the end of the day, I was beyond exhausted. I could have fallen asleep sitting up.
The funny thing is that through all of that I found myself missing them as soon as they were asleep. I also felt sad that I had to head back into the office today. It amazes me that even through the worst of days I still love being with them more than anything else. You forget almost every bad moment once you see them smile or watch them sleeping peacefully. I guess that is part of the roller coaster of being a parent. There are tons of ups and downs but you just have to try your hardest to enjoy the ride.
My new goal is to stop and take deep breaths whenever I feel exhausted, grumpy, or negative. Yesterday in the car I tried this technique and then turned around to see what my girls were up to. I couldn't help but smile.




No comments:
Post a Comment