Dear Kaylee and Alyssa,
Today you turn 3 years old. This number astounds Daddy and me and we really cannot make sense of the fact that we have 3 year olds. 3-year olds!! Seriously? How did this happen? We have watched you grow and change every single day right before our eyes yet it feels as time has passed with the blink of an eye.
You two, on the other hand, are quite proud that you are turning 3 years old and you have been talking about this birthday for months! We have talked endlessly about what kind of party, cakes and presents, you want. You are so in love with everything Disney Princess and simply nothing else will do. Everyone in the family now knows that Kaylee is a Princess and Alyssa is a Mermaid and it is in your best interest not to get it confused! Today we will have a small party for you with just family but I hope it will be everything you imagined a princess party should be. There will be princesses everywhere, costumes for you to wear and of course a princess and a mermaid cake. Couldn't choose just one!
The funniest thing to me is that I have always referred to you as my two little princesses. I remember dressing you up in endless pink and purple baby clothes and sleepers and I loved every second of it. What could be better than two little baby girls? I was in love with all the pretty dresses and ruffles and bows. It was like having real life dolls to play with. Everyone knows how much I loved my Barbies!
Flash forward three years later and here we are. You two are still into everything girly and pretty. Except now, you are dressing yourselves up in costumes, tiaras, and high heels and running around the house. You will stop now and then but just for a moment…so Daddy and I can tell you the things you want to hear. “Oh, you are so pretty. What a beautiful Princess.” Then you go running along again, making up games, and dancing around.
I love the little quirks and unique traits that you are showing us more of all the time. I also love that just when we think we have you figured out you throw us a curve ball and have us guessing all over again. You are full of life, energy, joy, excitement, wonder, and amazement. You learn something new every five seconds and I enjoy watching you approach life like it is your own personal playground.
Life isn't always easy with the two of you..... you can be quite the little drama queens and are experts on whining and temper tantrums galore. And, I know that I am far from a perfect mommy when I get impatient or raise my voice here and there. I am definitely a work in progress but I want you to know that you make me a better person every single day that I share with you. You are always teaching me a little bit more about myself and helping me to work on patience and to savor the simple moments. You have given me the single greatest gift I could imagine... you made me a mommy!
Love you little princesses!
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment