September 1, 2009

Terrible 3's?

I have to say that I think K&A were more mature and well behaved in their 2nd year than they have been in the last month or so. I am beginning to wonder if we are going to suffer from the Terrible 3's instead of the Terrible 2's.

I used to be able to let them run and play around the house with little supervision. They made a mess with their toys but rarely got into things they shouldn't. That has all changed in the last few weeks.

Here are a few things they have done in just the past few days:

1. Took hamburger seasoning into their kitchen and poured it into a pan. A pan that had holes in the bottom of course. Their whole play room spelled like those spices for a few days. They said they were cooking like Mommy.

2. Took my pump parts and spread them out all around their playroom. It was a lot of fun trying to find them all since they have some many special hiding places.

3. I found all of the pump parts but didn't realize that they had taken out the dish soap I keep in the bag. I first noticed that at work and realized they probably got a hold of that too. I came home to find the empty bottle that night but didn't figure out where they put it all. They said they put it in the bath. I later found that they meant their little doll bathtub. They poured it out all in the tub on top of a cabbage patch doll. They said they were giving the baby a bath like Aiden.

4. They decided that they needed to clean their kitchen set. I guess the best way to do that in a 3 year olds mind is to take baby lotion and cover the whole kitchen in a very thick layer. It took mommy forever to clean up their "cleaning job."

5. I had finally gotten Aiden to sleep and told the girls they had to stay in their room and be quiet as they were falling asleep. We heard them playing in their room but didn't think much of it. A while later I heard Aiden screaming and went upstairs to find K&A looking guilty. They had decided it would be fun to go in our room, turn on the light, and take all of Aiden's clothes out of the dresser to throw on the floor and jump in. Aiden was wide awake by that point and had no intentions of going back to sleep. I couldn't even deal with it. I had to call Daddy to handle that one!

6. They like to copy me so they want to feed their baby dolls just like I feed Aiden. They took some left over cereal (that I should have put in the sink right away) and were feeding their doll and wiping her mouth with a play dress. There was cereal everywhere.

Those are only a few of the things they have done lately. All I can say is that they are lucky they are so cute!

1 comment:

J. Holmes said...

HILARIOUS Amber!! :) Atleast I dont feel like I am alone...Jaiden is just as bad..believe me!