September 8, 2009

A Bad Word

Just the other week my nephew Brendon was asking the girls to say a "bad word." I was so proud when Kaylee looked at him and just repeated "bad word." He tried a few more times but my innocent little baby thought he just wanted her to repeat what he was saying.

Now, fast forward to this past weekend. I was in the kitchen cleaning and the girls were running through the house playing and fighting a little bit along the way. I overheard what I thought to be the word "a$$." I thought to myself that I must have been imagining things but something made me think to ask.

Me: "Alyssa what did you just say?"
Alyssa: No response
Me: "Alyssa what did you just say?"
Kaylee: "Mommy, she said she will kick my a$$."

I am not going to speculate or place blame on who may have taught them that word (eh hmm... can we say Grandma?) but it took a lot out of me not to laugh and not to make it a big deal. I calmly explained that we don't say that word. Hopefully they won't be repeating it anytime soon... especially at daycare.

3 comments:

jamie@sweatyhugs said...

OMG! Too funny! LOL

Brea said...

Kids are definitely sponges! I sometimes forget that when I'm around Sean and Alena...apparently they've repeated "f'ing." Not around me, but needless to say it was a reminder to me to curb my mouth at times.

The Robles Family said...

My nephew used to say all the cuss words joined together. He got that from watching football with my dad. I don't have a problem with cursing but I am sure they hear plenty from Daddy and Grandma. My mom doesn't like that I am blaming her online but it is true!!