March 31, 2009

3 Weeks To Go!

A Message for Baby Aiden

Warning: This is a bit sappy. Blame the pregnancy hormones. :-)

I often sit and wonder how our lives will change when baby Aiden arrives. I imagine that is normal especially in the last few months of pregnancy but it is constantly on my mind the closer I get to the finish line. And, boy do I feel ready for that these days!

I wonder the obvious things like what he will look like, what his personality will be like, and how the girls will adjust to having a little brother. I wonder and worry about not getting enough sleep and about finding a new routine when we are so set in our ways with just the twins. Will we struggle to find a new balance and routine or will he just blend in naturally like he has always been there? These things fly through my mind all the time and the answer is that we just don't know. Only time will tell how we will adjust and accommodate this
new little person into our lives.

But, the one thing that I don't and have never worried about is whether we will have enough love to go around because I know that as a parent... you never run out of love. And, isn't it true that there is no greater love than that of a parent towards their child? At times, it stuns me with the sheer intensity and how just when you think you love them more than you ever could.... you realize that it has grown and expanded once again.

I also know that Aiden will complete our family in a way that we are not even prepared for. It is like you never realize how much you were missing something until it is right there in front of you. And then suddenly there it is and you are totally in awe - simply wondering how you could have gone along so long without it in your life. That is how it was when I first met the twins and I imagine this time around it will be just the same.

I received this baby shower card and it sums up so perfectly what I am thinking and why I am so eager for Baby Aiden to join our family:

One of the sweetest things about welcoming a new baby boy
is learning how you fit together....
The way his sleepy weight
fills your arms so perfectly
and how that place
where neck and shoulder meet
suddenly seems made
for him to snuggle his head into.
But even more than that,
it's discovering just how beautifully
he fits into your life-
how there was always a place
right in the heart of your family
just waiting for this precious boy
to come and fill it with so much love.
Aiden... words can't express how excited I am to meet you and for you to join our family. Most of all, thank you for allowing me to share in this miracle all over again and for the fun adventures I am sure to experience as your mommy.
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Brea said...

Very sweet and tender! Aiden is going to fit so wonderfully in your family!