November 10, 2008

Purses

Kaylee loves to carry purses. Last night on the way out to dinner, she decided that she wanted to take not one, but three purses with her. She had them all on her arm and when I asked what she was doing she said:

"I carrying my purses, Mommy. I soooo strong!"

She ended up taking just one purse into the restaurant (it took a lot of convincing!!) and loved showing it off to her grandparents and aunt and uncle.

We had a nice dinner at the Schezuan Garden to celebrate Uncle Rickey and Mommy's birthdays. The girls loved when they brought out the cakes and sang Happy Birthday. The best part was that everyone thought all the commotion was for the girls, which worked just fine for Mommy and Uncle Rickey!

I have found that birthdays seem to have lost some of their significance as I grow older (and older!) but seeing the excitement and joy on the girls faces brought just a little of that feeling back. Thanks K&A for making Mommy's birthday celebration that much more special.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering how old I will be this week.... I will be turning 25. And nobody better argue! :-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

choke, choke, choke....hehehee, 25? Ummm...yeah :)

jamie@sweatyhugs said...

Yeah...and I'm 25 too. :X

Glad you had nice birthday!