Hello Everyone!
I am participating as a virtual walker in The Raleigh/Durham, NC CureSearch Walk to raise funds for children’s cancer research. I have joined Team Eve in honor of Eve Griffith who was diagnosed with bilateral Wilms Tumor (cancer of the kidneys) in October 2009 and completed treatment in May 2010.
The CureSearch Walk celebrates and honors children whose lives have been affected by children’s cancer, while raising funds for lifesaving research the Children’s Oncology Group. This group of medical professionals treats more than 90% of children with cancer at over 200 hospitals in the United States. These experts provide world-class care in communities across the country. Every day, 35 children are diagnosed with pediatric cancer – 7 of those children will not survive. Cancer is the #1 cause of death by disease in children. Although the cure rate is now 78% – up by 30% in the last 20 years – it is not good enough. Our goal is a 100% cure rate.
I have pledged to raise money for this devastating disease. With your help, I know that we can make a difference! Please visit my personal web page if you are interested in making a donation.
Thanks!
1 comment:
We love our virtual walkers!!!
Post a Comment