December 24, 2009

My First Christmas in Heaven

I received this poem from a very good friend who thought that I might like it. She was wrong. I loved it.

I share this for my brother and for my best friend's father, who was like a second father to me. I am a better person for having the chance to be a part of your lives. I hope you are having a wonderful first Christmas in Heaven.

All my love.

MY FIRST CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN

I see the countless Christmas trees, around the world below,
With tiny lights, like heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
The sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas Choir up here.

I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me.
I see the pain inside your heart, but I am not so far away

We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me dear ones. You know I hold you close.
Be glad I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I send you each a special gift from my heavenly home above.
I saved you each a memory of my undying love.

After all love is a gift, more precious than pure gold.
It is always more important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do.
For I can't count the blessings or love He has for each of you.

So, have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear.
Remember, I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

1 comment:

Christy Griffith said...

I know they are both looking down over you and your family. I hope you had a good Christmas, despite your losses.