April 22, 2010

Monkeys Everywhere!

Most everyone around me knows that I have a slight obsession with monkeys. It all started when I was just a little kid and would tell my mom that I wanted a pet monkey that talked and wore diapers. This became a running joke with all my friends and family and I lost count of the number of monkey jokes, cards, and stuffed animals that I received through the years.

So, I suppose it isn't too surprising that I would go overboard on the monkey theme once my baby boy finally came along. I had to have the mod pod monkey nursery bedding and decorations... nothing else would do. He has a gazillion monkey outfits and even a monkey hat that he wore for his six month photos. And, it isn't any big surprise that his first birthday theme had to be monkeys. The mod monkey theme to be exact. :-)

Aiden received so many adorable outfits for his birthday and it wasn't a huge surprise that quite a few of the outfits involved monkeys, even a personalized onesie with a monkey face! He also received a monkey lamp to match his nursery theme and a few monkey themed toys and books.

The biggest surprise of the party, however, was the monkey cake that my good friend Megan made.


Could it get any cuter?

Overall, it was a perfect birthday party for my little monkey baby. Let's just hope he doesn't grow up to hate monkeys due to my monkey obsession!

1 comment:

Stacy LoSchiavo said...

We have a slight monkey obsession at our house as well. So cute!