Enjoying dinner and drinks at "Gators" in Dallas
Although the trip went well, I have never been more ready to come home to my girls and it seems by their reaction that they were equally as happy to see me. I was bombarded with hugs and kisses and the most special part of all was how they were looking at me like I wasn't quite real, like they couldn't believe it was really me! They were touching my face and saying "Mama... Mama." What a great homecoming!
To celebrate my return, we played with the gifts I brought for the girls. They got a bubble wand and a purple "best friends" purse with two puppies inside. They loved their new toys although they spilled all the bubbles within five seconds of filling up the wand. Independence is key these days at our house so they just had to hold the wand themselves! We pretty much relaxed for most of the weekend; played in the pool, helped with yard work, did a little shopping, and had lunch out at Famous Dave's with Grandma. It was a very nice weekend and it was funny to see all the new things the girls learned in just the short few days I was away. They seemed to be even more talkative than before I had left and we have officially entered the "Mine" stage. Everything is "Mine, Mine, MINE!" I have a feeling hitting the Terrible 2's times 2 is gonna throw us all for a loop!
Here are a few pictures I managed to take throughout the weekend:
Kaylee in her Princess swimsuit

Alyssa and Brendon playing in the pool
And then we reached a point where the girls clearly did not want their picture taken anymore!
Alyssa saying "Stop It!!"

So, that was the end of the pictures for the weekend. We just enjoyed being together again and are very happy that we will have another 3 day weekend coming up! Have a great week!
3 comments:
Classic picture of Alyssa! LOL! Girls are too cute. Glad you had a good time in Dallas and were able to reunite with friends :)
Welcome back! What a sweet homecoming you had :) Glad you got to enjoy a little bit of time to yourself while you were away and that you made the best of it. I loved the part about the bubbles-if I had a dollar for every bubble container that was spilled around here, I'd be rich. We now have these no-spill containers that are great. Someone got them for us as a gift but I think you can find them at toys r us or Target.
And unfortunatly the "mine" stage has only gotten stronger with age around here. We work hard on teaching sharing but in a way I can understand it-- they share everything and all they want are a few things that are just theirs. So we do have a few of those and they're not required to share those things :)
aw...what a wonderful homecoming! *tears*
Post a Comment