July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We had another fun and busy long weekend - although it ended too soon as always. I love holiday weekends and always wonder why every weekend couldn't be a 3 or 4 day weekend. Wouldn't that be nice? Better yet, maybe we should work 2 days and have 5 days off. That sounds more like it!

We started off the weekend by picking up Grammy on Thursday evening. She spent the night with us and the girls were very excited to see her. She hasn't seen the girls in about a month and was surprised by how much they have grown and learned in just that short time. They loved showing off for her and she was spoiling them with junk food every time I turned around! We were happy to be able to celebrate her 83rd birthday over the weekend and the girls (or should I say Mommy) devoured a whole lot of birthday cake and ice cream.

Happy Birthday Grammy. We love you!

Our 4th of July was fairly low-key. We enjoyed a relaxing day at home and had a cook-out with family. We had lots of good food but for some reason both girls decided that they would just eat ketchup and spinach dip for their dinner. They dipped their hot dogs in the ketchup and licked it off and then went as far as to eat ketchup by the spoon. *GAG* After coaxing them to eat "something, anything, please?" for a while I gave up and decided to let them eat in peace. I enjoyed my food and they were able to enjoy theirs. And, that should count as eating their veggies, right? We were planning on going to see fireworks but a few storms passed through and by the time it had cleared the girls were already in bed. I was surprised they didn't wake up to hear the loud fireworks going off in the area. Oh well, there is always next year.

The rest of the weekend was full of different activities. On Saturday, we went to My Gym and the girls were so much more well behaved this time around. They are still not really sure about circle time but they did participate in the other activities and didn't throw temper tantrums when the swings were taken away. We are making progress!

Alyssa on the trampoline

Daddy helping Kaylee on the monkey bars

Alyssa going down the slide

Kaylee found a fun new swing
On Sunday morning we played dress-up and the girls really had fun choosing their outfits. I threw their hair up into messy pigtails and we had a mini photo shoot again. Or, in other words, Mommy bribed the girls to sit still long enough to snap a few photos!



We also we able to watch a rock concert put on by none other than Alyssa Marie. She was singing, dancing, and playing her Backyardigan's guitar. American Idol here we come.


In the afternoon, we headed to the pool and the girls had a blast. They jumped in, played with the pool toys, and did their best to stay away from their crazy cousin Brendon who tried to splash them every chance he got. Kaylee even thought she was big enough to swim by herself and was trying to push her daddy away.


That was pretty much the end of our holiday weekend and I imagine I have wrote enough. As Alyssa would say "Enough Mama!"

Classic Alyssa Face for "Stop It"

4 comments:

jamie@sweatyhugs said...

go amber with the picture taking skills! glad you had a great 4th weekend.

Anonymous said...

I am loving the outfits...can I come shopping at the Roble house when I have a little girl?

The Robles Family said...

Sure Jamie! We can do a clothing swap. I would love to have some of Jaiden's clothes if we ever have a boy. He looks so GQ!

Julie & Lisa said...

That's so special that your Grammy gets to see the girls frequently- ours does not and it makes me sad that she doesn't see them often (hence the reason I keep our blog!)
And ditto on the clothes- SOOO cute!
Glad the girls are enjoying My Gym more...don't worry too much about circle time. And as for ketchup as a veggie-- I say count it! We count hummus, which the kids also eat with a spoon (or their fingers!!)